Sunday, May 20, 2012

cà phê sữa đá, Rack of Ribs, and Sushi!


After an exciting weekend, it was time to get back to more company visits and classes. We started off the morning by visiting VTI. Viet Thai International joint stock company owns several franchises and individual companies throughout Southeast Asia. One of their companies is Highlands coffee. The coffee there is hands down the best coffee I’ve ever had. It was delicious. It was interesting listening to them explain how they are able to manage and deal with the differences in cultures, traditions, and the societies of the Southeast Asian countries. After their presentation, and brief question and answer period, they took us to Hard Rock Café. The American food was very good and it was fun showing Tran some of our favorite foods. We had ribs, wings, onion rings, chicken fingers, and nachos. Tran really liked the honey mustard! I see where she’s coming from because I would eat honey mustard with almost everything. The food was very good and it didn’t get me sick either, which was a surprise because my stomach did not handle the American food very well. After eating we headed to the War Remnants Museum. I’d rather not talk very much about this place because it was very disturbing and unsettling. Clearly there are two sides to every story and that’s all I am going to say about it.

We met up with our Vietnamese friends for some traditional Japanese dinner. It was very good! I have never had sushi that tasty. I also tried sake, which is a Japanese wine. It was very different but I liked it. Tuan told me I should try Vietnamese wine some time. After dinner, we headed back to Snowee for some ice cream. I ordered the Oreo Peanut Cheesecake Ice Cream. I wanted to order it in Vietnamese so I asked My how to say it. But the translation ended up being so much longer than it sounds in English. It’s funny how sometimes things translate so differently. After a fun day, we all need to catch up on sleep and get ready for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment